Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Man… My Hero…

I can’t remember the day when he first held my hand but I remember the feeling behind it. I can’t remember the time when he leads me into the right way but I cherish the benefit of it my whole life. I can’t remember how many times he had to suffer just for me but I can still feel the love he was giving. I can’t remember how many times he strengthen my soul but still I remember what good example he showed that made me of who I am. I can’t remember how many times he fed me patiently but I want to do the same thing beginning today until I have him. Since the beginning of my story he had loved me unconditionally and I will love him more than forever can offer.

If only Gennies are true. I’m going to search the whole edge of the earth just to find that lamp or bottle where they lives and take that lifetime opportunity to make a wish to extend the life on the one I love. And if I could have wish at this very moment, that is to keep my hero’s life.

Am I being selfish?! Having him around is the most precious gift we could ever cherish. His smile brings joy to a stressed mind. His laughter means a thousand chocolates which melts the heart.

My Heroine had passed 14 years ago. Yes, it was awful and I can still feel how much it hurts me when I think about it. Undeniably, I miss her so much! But my Heroine is just sleeping silently waiting for that day to come and she’ll rise up again (1 John 5:28, 29). But if another hero raises his hand and surrender to the last enemy, that’s unbearable!

A month ago, my hero was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer after having operated due to Acute Appendicitis. I poured so much prayer for him, and oh… my friends and relatives poured so much prayers too! And I’m glad he’s still alive and kicking.

Maybe I should have to start counting the days… But I won’t. That hurts so much… Counting the days left feels like stabbing my figurative heart everyday and I’ll die first just before he’ll say goodbye.

For the mean time, while he’s still here… All I wanna do is to hug him tight and made him feel that he was loved.

My Man, May Hero, My Grandpa Isko don’t have wings but like a super Hero he rescues me whenever I need him. He favors everyone equally, he give fairly, and love unconditionally without asking anything in return – that’s pure love that I wanna imitate.

Simple things he did when I was little like carrying me on his back to cross the river for me not to soak up in water, leaning against me when mom beats me, secretly giving me money when mom and dad aren’t looking, assists me while joining him to ride on his dear Cow’s back, teaching me how to harvest peanuts and corns, manage to give a massage when my head aches, cook food for me, wash my little dirty hands and feet, utter a prayer with him before we eat and we go to sleep, stay beside me when I’m afraid, sit and take time to tell stories how good is Jehovah God and above all strengthening my spirituality when I’m about to give up, means so much to me and I treasure those moments like precious stones.

Suffering from Prostate cancer is not that easy. He changed a lot, physically, but I admire how he handles things. Out of those painful moments, he still manages to smile and listen to our boring stories. If we can only divide the aches he had, he never had to feel the pain at all, but prayer is all we can do, hoping that God will keep him alive a little longer.

But if that fortuitous event will happen, I’ll just close my eyes, smile and dreamt of a paradise with my two heroes positively.

September 29, 2009
4:32pm

No comments:

Post a Comment